• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable or fixed

You can go fixed lowers.

If you do, definitely get adjustable uppers.

Why would uppers be that important, when maybe the issue is the LCA's?
I have fixed and have been told that, and wondered. What I seem to have a problem with is the Caster and a Jolting-Bump sound when hetting small bumps in the road. would having Adj UCA's make that much of a diff?

Defintley Adjustable

If your getting a thunk when you hit bumps your CA's both upper and lower may be a too much of an angle or they are loose. If they are at too much of an angle the axle has to move forward to compress the bump. Another benefit of adj, is you can hopefully elimiate DW due to a bad castor angle. I had 6 deg on my 30 and it shook like hell. Have 8 on my 44 no wobble.

not trying to steal the thread here, but...

I have 3" and fixed LCA's... all Rusty's, but been having hard time with them last few orders... so thinking I'll try someone else.

For someone looking for adj. UCA's who or where should I be looking for good price and quality. I haven't had a problem with Rusty's stuff, but want to look in other directions.

Hopefully any advice can benefit the threader starter too.

Rubicon express makes nice adjustable arms, the superflex joints on the axle side and bushing on the psuedo frame side is a good combo

I have tera flex adj upper and lower. But I replace the bushings at least once a season of hard wheeling. But thats ok with me. Others may look for more long term reliablility

RE is the only other name I really see out there.
I have been looking at the superflex arms.
say I wanted to convince my, friend, that I should pay the extra $ for them as opposed to the Rusty's... what pro's could I give her... damn him... for spending the extra money?

Why do you need to have it adjustable?

If it is done right the first time you don't need it to be adjusted in the future.

You may need (to borrow) adjustable LCA and/or UCAs to extablish the 'perfect' length for you but for the most part, adjustable is a waste.

Unfortunately I am going adjustable (from fixed) for my LCA. It is not by choice though since swedged heat-treated chrome-moly LCAs are not to be welded to (without heat treating) plus these crazy heat treated heims have to be threaded on (no weld on for the heat treated stuff; again). I AM going to tack weld the jam nuts to the LCAs to prevent them from ever moving.

I am using these since I want the MOST indestructable set of LCAs ever.

FileHandler.ashx

CRACKER: "I am using these since I want the MOST indestructable set of
LCAs ever."

What brand are those???

Expedient said:
CRACKER: "I am using these since I want the MOST indestructable set of
LCAs ever."

What brand are those???

They are available through Poly Performance. You may (now) have to weld a bung in one end but these (obviously) are swedged on both ends. Regardless give them a call. I did get these used and by the way these have been around for YEARS and still look great!!

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=511&cat=172&page=1

If there is every an option to go adjustable/fixed. always adjustable.

Skullvarian said:
Rubicon express makes nice adjustable arms, the superflex joints on the axle side and bushing on the psuedo frame side is a good combo

JKS More flex better quality really adjusable

muduck18 said:
If there is every an option to go adjustable/fixed. always adjustable.

JKS More flex better quality really adjusable

Once your suspension is set up, why do you need it adjustable? Once it is done it never needs to be touched again.

cracker said:
Once your suspension is set up, why do you need it adjustable? Once it is done it never needs to be touched again.

if you get it right the first time and it never changes... you are right.

For when it changes because it will one way or another...
like when mine settled 2 inches after the lift, and then again when i put spacers in the front to add 3 inches.

my opinion...

Back