• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel taillight boxes are finally done.

outlander

NAXJA Forum User

Finally got sick of replacing the stock plastic taillights so I fabbed these up out of 1/8" steel....
They turned out well and are sturdy.I added the guards after I was tired of seeing the same old plain boxes floating around.I wheel alot of woods so they are functional too.They were a pain because in order to get the 90* angle I had to use a cutoff wheel to make a relief cut and then used a pair of pliers to bend the rods and then weld them back up(wish I had a bender)

Now I need to modify my rear bumper to protect the chopped rear quarters.

Last edited:
Grab some poster board and trace out the body angles then transfer it over to steel.....cut/weld/paint/done.I originally planned on having two 4" backup lights in the bottom holes but had to go with signals on bottom brake/tail on top because for the life of me I couldn't get a taillight converter box to work.

yota camper juiced up on dubs! fantastic! But if it cant three wheel then it aint nothin :cool:

Back