• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase plug

MasterShakeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
this might already be a thread but this is still a slight problem for me. i did my sye a couple months back and its been leaking from i think the breather hole, the plug on the tail cone. its not a very significant amount, it just pools on the bottom of the plug and every once in a while i get a few drops on the ground. it has the plastic washer on it and still leaks slightly. i tried plumbers tape on the bolt and it didnt do anything. i think someone else here was having the same trouble, so i guess its not just mine. maybe i f'ed up the threads of the bolt by overtightening it? any advice/suggestions? heres a pic. 231 Tcase, AA sye, Tom Woods ds. thanx.

breatherhole_1.jpg

It said in the instruction's to use some RTV on the threads of the bolt. Did you do that? I did and haven't had any issues with it leaking there just from the yoke on mine.

Thats just a "plug" not the "breather".Super clean it and let the sealer set-up for a day before re-filling!

I had the exact same problem and it was driving me crazy! It turned out that I pinched the O ring when I installed the speedometer cable into the top of the SYE casing. The ATF fluid would travel down the case and drip from the filler plug. Since the fluid was new and and everything was clean, it was hard see. I bought a new O ring, and everything is dry now.

Gary

No leaks, didn't use any sealant on the threads for that "bolt". There was a plastic washer to use with the bolt on mine though. Looks like the Advance Adapters SYE?

l_f1b604cb53c28bee608e8daea3c4e623.jpg

Back