• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid Track Bar!!!!

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
HELP!!!
I need this asap so I can align my front end-
Ok, put on a 2" Budget Boost (budget my butt!) with poly spacers and AAL. Put on 30x9.50's. Front axle was shifted to the driver's side. Following the advice here and the other 2 forums, I re-drilled the axle-mount hole 3/4" to the right.
Now the stupid thing is too far over to the passenger side!!!! There isn't enough room in between the two to drill another, it doesn't appear. So, I'm guessing an adjustable track bar is needed (?)
Who makes one for only 2" of lift?
I was looking at the Black Diamond/Superlift at $100 bucks, but the website's specs list it for 2.5" and up...
Rough Country's is $99 bucks, but a minimum of 4" lift is needed.
Trying to stay at $100 or less.
Any recommendations appreciated.

Last edited:
yeah...I gotta re-center my steering wheel, it's off by 90 degrees after mounting the trac bar in the new hole. And my jacked up alignment is going to eat my brand new tires if I don't get it fixed quick!

And I kept getting told I didn't need one, just drill another hole! :spin1:

I have an adjustable one being installed with the lift. :thumbup:

NighthawkXJ had one, maybe he still does, but I don't know if it would work for 2".

You can fill the old holes in with weld bead and redrill a new one. Or you could pony up the $ for the adjustable AND enough lift height to fit that adjustable. Eventually that's what'll happen anyways.

I think the RE track bar will adjust down to stock length. Check out their web site. They are usually real helpful on the phone. If you decide to go that way, buy it from a dealer, it will be cheaper.

weld a plate over both old holes and drill the new one where you need it. thats what i did with my 3" lift because even at that height the new hole wasn't far enough over to clear the original hole. somewhere on the net there's a write-up for a "wallowed out" trackbar hole or something. very similar processs.

One hole or the other has got to be good enough.

Even if "perfect" is right between em, you're still only off by 3/8".

You'll never even see that small a difference without measuring, and it won't wear your tires.

You can align the steering wheel by adjusting the drag link.

Robert

Its not about "seeing",the "track" will be off and the vehicle will "crab" down the road.Yeah you can make the wheels run true,but who wants that.

RCP Phx said:
Its not about "seeing",the "track" will be off and the vehicle will "crab" down the road.Yeah you can make the wheels run true,but who wants that.

Sorry, I see what you're saying, but I'm not buying it.

Like you said, each wheel is itself running true. The front tire can not possible wear unevenly just because the rear tire isn't following exactly behind it. It doesn't know where the hell the rear tire is.

And even if it magically did, moving the axle 3/8", over a 101" wheelbase, puts it 0.212* off true. You'll "crab" down the road at two-tenths of a degree.

And I don't think you'll convince me that will matter at all...

Robert

go and get a rough country track bar and a tap cut the bar down to where you need it and just re tap it (rc track bars are made or sced 80 1.5 pipe and can be cut and re taped without any side effects, if at a latter time you install a higher lift you can plug weld a nother pice of sced 80 and put it back to original length

Back