• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auburn (ECTED) Does in deed have GREAT customer service..

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well after reading about the flaws people think the ECTED have (never the pro's of course) I did digging for my self in to if they would hold up for my applications. I looked everywhere I could for feedback and even called them directly. Long experience short... I felt comfortable in buying a D30 front and 8.8 rear ECTED, after my research.

WHen I got the front (by the way 550ea delivered was very nice) I started the setup. Everything was going good till I relized that the setup bearings I made were slightly difference then the real bearings dimensions. So after getting it "right" and pressing on the new bearings it actually was not right. Thats when the only real PITA occured. You cant use a standard bearing spreader with the ected, due to the solenoid being right at the bearing, and allowing a serface to clanp to. As well as the note in the book that you must Not use one on this setup. So I had to go to a shop and spend the 15$ to pull em.

Well got that one set up and done. And now awaiting the rear to ship, I sold the posi unit and gear set from the 8.8. Well today I thought hey can I give the buyer the high strength special cross pin for the 4.56 and higher gears with the posi? SO I called Auburn and asked if theirs comes with a cross pin that allows for the 4.88 gears.

He said no. You have to modify the one they give ya. and that it has to be thier pin because of a few features that are there for the ected. Great I thought...

Well I told him that I did the front and now doing thier rear and I was never told that I would have to have the cross pin machined. And that can he just machine one and send it to me, I would even pay for it...

He told my name addy and phone and told me by tue it should go out in the mail... I am kinda counting my chickens before they hatch.. BUT.... if he/they do this, its exactly the reason I did decide on their ECTED. Because if there is an issue with it they will fix it for ya.. Its just that type of company I read.

I will post here when I get the pin just to confirm they followed though...

Back