• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going bigger...

GauchoMD

NAXJA Forum User
So, I'm going to a 33" tire, and switching from my BFG AT's to a mud terrain. Any input on what NOT to buy? Thinking BFG KM or Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain...maybe a Mickey Thompson MTZ... Anyone had any of these and didnt like them? I'm actually also considering either the Super Swamper TSL, TSL Radial, or SSR Radial... Any input on these? Would a 12.5" wide tire fit on 15x8 wheel or do I have to go to 15x10? Thanks :cheers:

12.50's will fit nicely on an 8" rim.

I'd stay away from the swampers if its a daily driver. BFG MT KM or Goodyear MTR is what I keep hearing are the best choices.

swampers wear SUPER fast, i burned thru a set in 2 oil changes... they ride like SH!T and are very very loud. the procomp xterrains are really loud but not as loud as the swampers. i havent had the mickey thompson mtz's, but i had its predecessor the mtx, and it was the best set of tires ive ever had on my jeep.

this should be in Tech forums but I dig the BFG KMs. NO to super swampers if this is a daily driver.

yes...a 12.5 tire will fit on an 8" riim. as long as your rim isnt wider than the tire's bead distance

djblade311 said:
this should be in Tech forums but I dig the BFG KMs. NO to super swampers if this is a daily driver.

yes...a 12.5 tire will fit on an 8" riim. as long as your rim isnt wider than the tire's bead distance

Yeah, I know, but I wanted fellow SoCal'ers input since something somebody runs in the midwest, northeast, northwest, desert, etc, will work differently for me. :spin1:

BFG's go flat too easy.

If you aren't one of those who thinks azusa canyon is the cats meow (which there is nothing wrong with..), there is no tire for you but an MT/R. Best MT style tire on the road, great life, strong, and good in most terrains.

Im a fan of BFG muds.

i just switched from a 31x10.5" bfg a/t to a 33x12.5" bfg m/t and both on the same 7" stock wheels. i really can't say that i noticed any difference in road noise, vibrations, comfort, or excessive wear from the a/t to the m/t. what i have noticed is that i now hate the a/t(which I actually liked a lot before) compared to the m/t they are crap for any kind of offroading. so much more grip on rocks, mud and especially deep snow. also, my buddy runs a set of mickey thompson baja claw radials and loves them, they are not that much louder than the bfg m/t's and they go through anything.

hahahahahahha

I might as well get a head start.

silverslk said:
Damn, you guys are brutal. haha:eyes:
:dunno: my buddy has 35" xterrains on his burban, you can barely hear the stock radio on the freeway.

im just being truthful. i loved my TSL swampers but you could hear me coming from a full block away with those bad boys, why do you think i had a 4000w stereo system :D and until they break in .. i cant even describe how strange it feels driving on em.

I think you should look into some Maxxis Bighorns or the Mickey Thompson MTZ's those will work good for you.. Now If money is no object then the Toyo MT's are the best on the street and the dirt..

Back