• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on Novak Adapter....

poorboy_616

NAXJA Forum User
Does the Novak work with the stock console??

The website says it comes with a flexable "mock up" shifter handle, so I am assuming that it could be made to work....

When I finally have the money, I may very well do the Novak swap. I want to get rid of the clunky feel of the stock linkage.....

poorboy_616 said:
Does the Novak work with the stock console??

The website says it comes with a flexable "mock up" shifter handle, so I am assuming that it could be made to work....

When I finally have the money, I may very well do the Novak swap. I want to get rid of the clunky feel of the stock linkage.....

You pull the shifter gate from the Jeep, the 'Z' that's under the plastic console. The flexible mock shifter is to figure out the shape you need to fit your Jeep. That flexible piece is used as a guide for the rod that comes as the shifter. Heat up the shifter rod and bend it to match the flex mock-up piece.

cool, when I am finally ready, I may just do it after all....

There are times when it's a biotch to the lever, even with no pressure on the drivetrain (IE: Trans in nuetral, rolling straight).

poorboy_616 said:
cool, when I am finally ready, I may just do it after all....

There are times when it's a biotch to the lever, even with no pressure on the drivetrain (IE: Trans in nuetral, rolling straight).

adjust your linkage and check your shift comb. force it with the novak and you will def. get a bent shift fork. :laugh:

http://naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243874986&postcount=9

I LOVE my Novak shifter...

just got back from competing in the 35's and under class and NEVER missed a t-case shift all weekend...

Ben H on this board runs one with a stock center console in a 97+

I dont run a center console anymore, and didnt bend the rod, but the provided bendy rod is a GREAT idea.

I had one before I swapped in my NP205. It was alot better then the stock shifter but I think a shifter is a shifter. Unless your in compitition how often do you really need to change the transfer really fast? the stock shifter will allways work if you keep it adjusted correctly.
anything can fit really, I made the np205 shifter fit in the stock console(more or less), cut, bend and weld.

Back