• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold air

rifle6

NAXJA Forum User
whats the best cold air intake system?
i am i debate over airraid, K&N,
i'm also thinking of a snorkle, but still really undecided.

factors, price, benifits, upkeep. durability.

thanks in advance

My vote would be a snorkel with a cannister filter

IMO, AMSOIL makes the best cone filters (they're dry, not oiled, and stop way more shit than the K&N).

I'm going to be making a snorkel into the cowl using the stock airbox.

That's the best way to make an "invisible" true cold air intake system AND a pretty high snorkel at the same time. I don't think it's necessary to have a snorkel up to the roofline unless you're driving with water over your head.

Note that Any "CAI" system that ends up underhood w/ no outside, cold air directed into the filter is hardly a cold air intake system and is certainly Not colder than what you get into the stock air box. Save your money and just buy a Good Filter, one that actually filters the fine dust particles that you might encounter off road and drop it into your stock airbox. Amsoil makes what I feel is the best drop in air filter (even if I am biased) for the XJ.

Blaine B. said:
I'm going to be making a snorkel into the cowl using the stock airbox.

That's the best way to make an "invisible" true cold air intake system AND a pretty high snorkel at the same time. I don't think it's necessary to have a snorkel up to the roofline unless you're driving with water over your head.

I dunno some people drive with so much BS that they need a snorkle just to get thru it ;):viking:

Back