• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trying to track down a front end noise (2000)

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
I have a noise up front, it sounds like a dragging, kind of like the unit bearing hub is actually a can full of pea gravel.
I figured it was a hub so I ordered one and pulled the hubs and axles this AM and they're smooth as can be, still tight and feel just like the new one I have. The axle u-joints move freely with no grit or grind, and everything felt OK to me. So now I don't know where to go next, could it be the front DS U-joint? Something in the front diff? I'm at a loss. The brakes didn't drag anymore than I thought was normal :confused:

Check the driveshaft cv joint.Spray the centering ball with some lube and try it.

How many miles? I got over 170k on my '92, and did 'em just because. And my '96, just three weeks ago, 133k, started the grind. My son picked up a pair for me at the local NAPA, and they were $100 for BOTH! Of course they're imported from some God forsaken corner of the third world, but so far, so good.

Back