• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

SNUFFY

NAXJA Forum User
My neighbor is a dealer and called me from the sale last week. There were 2 identical 2001 Jeeps for sale from a goverment agency. One has 49,000 miles and the other had 59,000 miles. The one with the lower mileage was the 3rd unit sold and brought $7800. The one that he bought for me was the next to last sold late in the day and it sold for $ 5900.00. I paid him $ 200 and have $ 6100 invested. The belt would squeal when the a/c came on. He had a fresh oil change and a new serpentine belt installed. It has 59,200 miles. It drives and runs perfect. I can not verify when it had its last tune up. Can someone post the parts numbers for a tune up and new air filter?

Thanks!

Snuffy

I'm in the Air Force and I know that we use the XJ for the Security Forces to post around the base. The vehicle may only have 59K on it, but it has idled for thousands of hours. Be wary of a worn out engine because of excess idleing. Also what I've seen of Air Force vehicle maintenance is......less than impressive.

As far as part numbers for a tune up goes, go to AutoZone or the simlar and they have all the numbers there. You can also get those nmbers from their websites.

Good job on the Jeep, you could have found one of the good ones out there!

I agree seafoam the engine, one of the best things i done to mine. Then change the plugs. Change the engine oil just to be sure. The air filter can be checked by removing and hold it up in a bright light if you can see the light then its still good. Sounds like a deal.

The only thing you can"tune-up" is the spark plugs,there is no dist cap,rotor,or plug wires!

well you could get a new coil pack rail....

Back