• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new trail damage help :(

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i hit a rock, it tucked between the passenger rim and the same sides lower control arms axle side bracket, pushed hte bracket a good inch or so towards the drivers side and angled it at about 30 degrees (higher end of bolt upward towards drivers side, other end of bolt remained at stock level location on passengers side). also bent hte rim so the tire went out. Got it home alright, drove it on the freeway everythings fine just pulls hard left, still driveable though. also hte upper ctrl arm on the passenger side i think is messed up too, looks like the metal pinched inward in the rocks attempt to punch the axle upward. anyway, where can i find new ones of these? im surprised lift kits dont replace these they seem pretty crappy to me. no pics

Should be able to pound it straight, then weld on a piece of steel for a brace across the front. I think JKS still sells mimi-skids for the lower control arm axle mounts.

yea those braces are shi*... im not sure about pounding it, how accurate must it be? just accurate to the naked eye? the top one i can prob use a set of pliers maybe and use them by sticking the needle nose inside hte bracket and opening hte handles to push outward on the walls.....

Don't hammer it back straight, you will just work harden the metal and make it weaker and more prone to bend, crack, and tear off the next time.
Cut it off and replace the bracket, its what i had to do.

emr1101 said:
how to drop brackets not replace these? dont they at least require you to like move them or something

The new drop bracket mounts to the old (factory) lca mount.

Robert

Drop brackets also mount to the existing UCA mounts!

Of course, that's what I meant, sorry.

The drop brackets mount to the old contol arm mounts.

Robert

MoparManiac said:
Yeah the brackets mount to the FRAME end stock brackets.

The axle end brackets aren't touched with drop brackets.

Ohh i gotcha. so im gonna have to buy another upper and lower control arm mount for the axle end arent i.... oh well, i think the UCA axle mount can just be bent back, its very light damage its also very simple damage, the LCA axle end mount though i think im gonna need a new one, and then weld it on. I might just have new ones fabbed up for both LCA axle end mounts, like made of some super strong steel and braced and trussed for strength, with skids too. Any ideas here?

Back