• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine - odometer Code of 2.5

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
Today my check engine light come. I have a 2001 XJ and I need to see what codes are in the Auto-PC.

If I hold the trip-resert butten in win I switch into off position my odometer shows a number of 2.5 !

Dos this 2.5 mean someting about a check engine code ?

And is this the way to get the check engine code out of the Auto-PC on a 2001 XJ ?

Diego B
www.BlueXJ.com

I've never heard of check engine codes displaying on the odometer read-out. Also "2.5" doesn't seem like any code I've heard of before. My advice is to take your Jeep down to the local Advance Auto parts store and ask them to use their OBD II code checker. If you don't know how to use it they should be able to assist you. Good luck!

No I have not heard of any check engine codes showing up in the odometer on 2001 XJ ether, But hold the trip / reset button in and turn the key into off than reless the butten and that is what it the odometer shows :banghead: ?

But anyway the check engine codes is 1494 meaning
Leak Detection Pump Switch or Mechanical Fault ! ? !

got any idea what the means ?
I'm google-ing it right now and a Vacuum or fuel lines leak is the problem

any thing or pleces I shode look first ?

www.BlueXJ.com

Last edited:
Back