• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where did you mount your extinguisher?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK.... here is a big Q... where did you mount your fire extinguisher? I'm not sure where to mount mine: I want it to look fairly clean, be easily accessible and not obstruct view nor get in the way?

Btw, picture is worth a thousand words..
Kejtar

I always carry a small one, bolted to the driver's seat base. Off-roading, I carry a second 10 lb. extinguisher in the cargo area.

I have mine mounted in the back on the right hand side.

picture.JPG

Juice

I have one in the back, just above where Juice put his in his GIGANTIC pic :D

Plus I have another one just inside the door jam and the drivers seat so when I need to use it, I don't have to go all the way to the back hatch, then run back up front to get my keys because it's locked, then go all the way back, unlock it, and then be able to use it :D

Sorry about the large pic. How do you get them smaller? You can see that thing from the moon. Larger than Mars. Juice

I mounted mine where the spare tire mount used to be. Since a 31 won't fit I removed all the hardware used to mount the tire and reused the bolt to bolt in the fire extinguisher.

One thing to take into consideration is that a lot of clubs or organized runs require the fire extinguisher to be within reach of the driver.

The best place I've found for this is between the drivers seat and the drivers door sill.

When I had my '90, I had one between the driver's seat and sill, between the passenger's seat and sill and one on the floor on the passenger side of the cargo area.

Another vote for between the sill and the seat. Fits perfectly and will be really close you most of the time.

There are many great places to mount it in the rear cargo area...........but you'll wish you didn't when you smell smoke at speed with your rig loaded full of gear, or you roll up on someone elses rig on fire and by the time you unload and dig it out, their rig is a pile of smoldering, twisted metal.

I've saved other folks rigs from burning to the ground 4 times by having a fire stopper mounted within arms reach and easy access. Driver side between seat and sill gets my vote as well. It's very easy to see if it's charged.........good advise to check pressure and shake it around monthly, so it works when you need it.

Ill 4th, 5th, 6th, or whatever the between drivers seat and sill thing. Thats where i have mine. Cant see it, dont get in the way, and when my kids leave a toy in the rear flooroard it prevents them from sliding under my heels during hard braking.

Mike

What size and what kind of fire extinguisher should be carried? n00b question... I know...

I'd love to see some pics of this mounting..... thanks

PhatXJ said:
I have one in the back, just above where Juice put his in his GIGANTIC pic :D

Plus I have another one just inside the door jam and the drivers seat so when I need to use it, I don't have to go all the way to the back hatch, then run back up front to get my keys because it's locked, then go all the way back, unlock it, and then be able to use it :D
Same here. I've moved the one in the rear around, can't find a place where it'll be more secure. Just feels too flimsy back there.

Back