• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector differences?

proskier101

NAXJA Forum User
i just picked up a 99+ intake that has aprox 40K miles on it and i plan on putting it on my 96 with 165K miles. the 99 has the fuel rail on it and i was wondering, can i use that fuel rail instead of using the one on my 96? is there a differed sensor or something between these 2???

X?--stick with the 96 injectors(23.2#vs 22.5#), unless you feel like soldering in the newer connectors. So I guess I don't need to yank one for you at the JY. I went a week or so ago to get an ecu--98 was the only newer body style there so no manifolds.

gradon said:
X?--stick with the 96 injectors(23.2#vs 22.5#), unless you feel like soldering in the newer connectors. So I guess I don't need to yank one for you at the JY. I went a week or so ago to get an ecu--98 was the only newer body style there so no manifolds.

ya i finally found one in tampa, thank you though,

im going to be doing the change hopefully this tuesday

i believe there is a special fuel injector tool right?

Things to do: 1999 intake manifold
apn header(i have gasket)

and with this intake what gasket do i get?? one for a 96? or a 99?

(im a noob when it comes to ripping apart motors)

one for a 96, and you don't need an injector tool, just new rings and some vaseline. You might use this time to buy some carb cleaner(3-4 cans) and a tooth brush to clean out the port areas that you can get too with manifolds removed.

gradon said:
one for a 96, and you don't need an injector tool, just new rings and some vaseline. You might use this time to buy some carb cleaner(3-4 cans) and a tooth brush to clean out the port areas that you can get too with manifolds removed.

what about the carb cleaner that goes into the motor? do i just leave it in there?

i have read people blow it out with a compressor but i do not have one.

Back