• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Rusty's & Real tire sizes

MuckSavage

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at a '96 XJ to which I'll add a 3" Rusty's w/180 lb front springs (to accomadate winch weight) & full leaves. I see alot of people run this with 31" tires. Now, since a 31" tire is really just a hair over 30", should I order 32" tires to get a true 31"? This will be a DD. I live in South Jersey, so tire rub at full flex doesn't really concern me. I'd do some trimming, but only if it's not noticable.

go to most of the manufactures web sites and they will have the actual tire size but for the most part interco is one of the few that match up to the size on the tire.
P.S. I have 4.5 and 32's and I needed to trim a little

I have a rusty's 4.5" lift and 32" BFG AT tires on 8" 3.5BS RockCrawler Black Steel rims. Supposedly I shouldnt be rubbing according to rustys' information but I do rub when I begin to flex a bit. So be careful and chances are on a 3" lift with 32" tires you need to do a good bit of trimming.

MuckSavage said:
Thanks....the Trxus M/T was one of the tires I was looking at. How do you like 'em? I see you live in Jersey. Did you buy them locally?
I love those tires. They've been great in the mud, great in the snow, great on the rocks, even great on the road. I think I'm going to get them again when I move up to 33s. I run them at 12 psi (on a 7" rim), and could probably go lower without a problem. They haven't let me down yet.

And I got them from 4wheelparts during a '10% off and free shipping' sale last winter.

if u have a 4wp catalog they usually have the true size listed

Back