• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7 V8 in XJ

broncomike13

NAXJA Forum User
well, first time poster here. so hi everyone. my jeeper is mild as is -99 on 3 inches, with rubi wheels and mtr's. I have a HP 44 from a 77 F150 as well as a 9 inch that will be goin under it via T&T bracketry and my own custom control arms for the front and Deaver leaf packs out back. I plan on running a 35x12.50r15 Kumho Road Venture KL-71's on a set of Eaton 32 bolt beadlocks that I already own. Im deployed in Iraq currently and the full widths will be under it the first weekend i get back in August...its all i look forward to haha.

My question is (I searched i promise) has anyone or does anyone know of anybody swaping a 4.7 or 4.7ho out of a WJ or durango or whatever in an XJ? If i could find an engine & trans out of a wrecked vehicle with harness and computer im confident that i would be able to complete the swap myself. I was wonderin if anyone has done this before and could supply me with some pictures or pointers as to what sort of snags i might run into.

If not, its ok. when i get back in the states in august expect a sweet ass write up on the project with lots of pictures!!:)

Nothing helpful except to say "upgrade the brakes cause you'll be using that skinny pedal more" and "Hell yeah, wish I could be doing that". Let us know how it goes... and if you need a test driver :)

yossarian19 said:
Nothing helpful except to say "upgrade the brakes cause you'll be using that skinny pedal more" and "Hell yeah, wish I could be doing that". Let us know how it goes... and if you need a test driver :)

Haha thanks for the tip. A disk conversion for the 9 inch is already on the list of things to do. I'd be more than willing to let you take 'er for a whirl when its completed! just refill the $5.00 a gallon gas you use :clap:

Back