• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement pulley for a/c compressor

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched a few places and came up with one only for 93 and older cherokees. Anyone know of one for 94 through 96 cherokees with the 4.0? I took out the a/c last year need to replace the compressor soon but would rather just put in a replacement pulley. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kim

:cheers: you buy the 91-3 unit & hog the holes out & use big washers & hardened bolts to put it back together. I researched this for days before I gave up & did it this way. the compresser delete pulley is a plastic p.o.s., but it's lasted 6 months so far I know it's a crappy way of doing it but the 87-90 factory setup doesn't fit either, wrong offset. if the cheesey pulley breaks i'll use the nice bracket that came with the kit & fab somthing with a decent metal pulley. I found this info on the jeep forum. there are no junkyard fixes that I could find.it really works though.I used & 9/16 bit but it still wasn't enough to correct the offset so I ovaled the holes a little more. I broke the friggin bit but at least it got fixed.

Last edited:
No go on the junkyard. I really didn't like the looks of that plastic pulley either. I will just get another compressor and install that instead. Thanks for the info.

Kim

Back