• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood lift write up

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
as of some of you know. i'm the winner of the "Hood Lift". thats one of the benifits of a paying member!! so remember that when you want a discount or something FREE.

so i'm starting my write up to show everyone how to install them. pretty simple and straight forward.
06-24-08_1822.jpg

this is them out of the box and layed out.
to start the install i had to remove my old home custom hood lift.
05-21-08_1259.jpg

next was to line up the top bracket level with the hood hinge drill them in with the self tapping screws.
06-24-08_1828.jpg

on the bottom you will need to measure 11 1/2 inches from the fire wall. (not blelow the lip on the fire wall, above the lip) drill in those to the inner fender lip
06-24-08_1830.jpg

repeat for the other side. the drivers side was just a small tweak. removing the hood "stick" nothing that a 10mm cant take care of.
06-24-08_1835.jpg

install the shocks and test out
06-24-08_1841.jpg

then add stickers!!!
06-24-08_1846-1.jpg

Something limke that could have come in handy for me many times. Thanks for the pics. I didn't even know that something like that existed. :)

Very nice write-up. Any potential snags to the install, clearance issues or components to watch out for when drilling, or was it just that simple?

fubar XJ said:
Very nice write-up. Any potential snags to the install, clearance issues or components to watch out for when drilling, or was it just that simple?

it was all straight forward. i thought it was going to line up with the hood stick hole but i had my measuring tape in the wrong place. its really straight forward.took about 20 mins cause i was also taking pics and my time.

Well, the Jeep budget is blown as of yesterday but when I get some extra money I want this setup. Price is nice too!

Back