• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours USA ?'s

yikes

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the market for a front winch bumper to put my Warn M8000 onto.(1999 sport cherokee)
Has any one used the Detours USA.com backbone system? Looks to a clean install with alot more work than just changing the whole bumper. Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php

Dave

I don't have any experience with it, but when I first saw it I loved it. And yet, I also couldn't believe the price asked-- and not in a good way. Why not just get some 1/4" plate and add that to the framerails, then bolt a winch plate to the 1/4" plates? I realize that's probably not what you want to hear (or else you would have asked), but I can't help myself on this one. I've read so much discussion online about this setup, yet I can't see the value, that I had to chip in my .02. I'll shut up now.

i do not own but have seen it in action several times on a friends rid (his SN on here is tetsulo)rig all i can say is it kicks ass, also the owner od Detours is on here and goes by the SN Detour

I have this system on my 92 and love it! kind of an easy install, only thing that made it hard is that my front end had an acident awhile back so everything was kinda tweaked. It is an awsome product! shipping takes awhile lol.
2314722_43_full.jpg

91 Jeep Project said:
Why? If you find something just as well built, for less, I'd like to see it. P.S. Not everyone can built their own shit.
I totally agree that you can't find anything similar for such a low price. The thing is, a person doesn't even need to own a metal brake, angle grinder, or welder to do something very similar. Two pieces of 1/4" "strap" steel approximately 17" x 6", a winch tray, and some grade 8 hardware, drill some holes in the strap steel and you're done.

I have their Backbone system and it's built very well. Easy to install too. They were good to deal with (ordering and shipping). I'd recommend them.

Back