• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power windows (again)

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
So, Ive delt with my front driver side plastic tab breaking. Fixxed with cotor pins and hasnt been a problem.

Last night my passenger rear window made the same nasty grinding sound when I went to put it up. I tore it apart and go to remove the glass, the 1 star bit screw holding the glass to the slid is stripped, of course. It just spins either way now, the round piece it goes into spins with it. I was thinking clamping that piece then working the screw out.

After looking closer though the tab that holds the glass to the slid is metal and intact. It looks like when the window goes down the worm screw just pushes out too far and goes beyond the motor. The plastic tube the screw goes into isnt attached to the motor(attached to the top of the slid) so it just pushes away letting the worm screw push out with it.

Could lubing the worm screw keep it running smooth and stop pushing the plastic tube out? I cant see anything broken with my rear regulator, other than the plastic receiving tube moves. I have it zip tied into place and it work 90% effectively lol.

i dont see it as a dumb q. i have posted a few times with no replys and it kinda pisses a person off.

as for your question theres a little metal tang that comes off wehere the tube slides on see if thats still there or bent down to far

m0n3ym1k3y said:
i dont see it as a dumb q. i have posted a few times with no replys and it kinda pisses a person off.

as for your question theres a little metal tang that comes off wehere the tube slides on see if thats still there or bent down to far

I didnt see any metal piece, Ill have to pull the other working side apart and compare. It just looked to me like there was nothing wrong or missing with the 'broken' side.

IMO, displaying a pissy attitude about not getting an immediate response does little to encourage people to reply. This is a PUBLIC forum and is FREE. If you don't like the service, you're welcome to go elsewhere.

Next, yes, lubing the work screw is a good thing. Check the inner door panel for any cracks as well. Once upon a time I noticed my driver door panel "flexing" quite a bit when using the window. When I checked it again recently, there was a large crack running along the panel where the regulator mounts. I stopped drilled the crack and screwed in a patch panel for now until I can get it welded up.

Saudade said:
IMO, displaying a pissy attitude about not getting an immediate response does little to encourage people to reply. This is a PUBLIC forum and is FREE. If you don't like the service, you're welcome to go elsewhere.

Next, yes, lubing the work screw is a good thing. Check the inner door panel for any cracks as well. Once upon a time I noticed my driver door panel "flexing" quite a bit when using the window. When I checked it again recently, there was a large crack running along the panel where the regulator mounts. I stopped drilled the crack and screwed in a patch panel for now until I can get it welded up.

Not sure I had a pissy attitude, from my experience if a post goes to page 3 its pretty much Gone. Just wasnt sure if I worded my question correctly enough to get an answer or if it just seemed like a dumb question.

I didnt have any cracks anywhere at all, Ill try the lube this weekend and see if it does anything. Wasnt sure if the lube would make the worm screw slip in the motor.

Back