• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The best way to lift a Jeep Cherokee

TimmyA

NAXJA Forum User
For all the people who have used RC and RE products, in your opinion for the price of the two which one is better? Which one would you recommend? And which accessories did you add to your kit?
Thanks guys

I vote body lift, definitely a body lift :D.

TimmyA said:
I was thinking about a Rubicon Express 4.5", has anyone had this lift, any recommendations or knowledge on its quality

yea i'm running it. would definatly recommend it if your looking for a quality lift. the price will be a little bit more than other brands, but in the end it is definatly worth it!

My first lift was the RE superflex. I was very satisfied with the quality and how complete it was.

rough country has good products, Rubicon express has very good jeep products, but they tend to be a little salty on pricing. if i were to recommend a lift it would be rock krawler

You can do a search and find tons of info comparing different lift kits. I like my Clayton's kit a lot, but they're near the top price-wise. It's pretty true you get what you pay for, many of the cheap lifts are exactly that, cheap.

TimmyA said:
I was thinking of going with the 4.5" RE with the CV driveshaft/SYE, and MONO-tube shocks,... should I get anything else while I'm at it?

drop brackets
HD trackbar + bracket + brace

It comes with the trackbar already... are those parts necessary.. and is the HD trackbar+bracket+brace bought in all one kit?

Last edited:
TimmyA said:
It comes with the trackbar already

No. It comes with the RE1600 non HD trackbar with a single shear rod end at the top, mounted vertical.

The HD is the RE1660 which uses a horizontally mounted Superflex joint and a good mount, with a brace.

The RE1600 isn't good over about 5" of lift, and won't give you room to grow .. not to mention is not as strong.

TimmyA said:
I was thinking about a Rubicon Express 4.5", has anyone had this lift, any recommendations or knowledge on its quality

amazing lift, its what i have. be advised though if you have a bumper/ winch your flex will suffer. rear flex is about as good as it gets with leafs, rear is definitly higher than 4.5" though with full packs so no worries there. its like 4.5" plus a 1" shackle i think, helps down the road if it ever sags, also helps if your towing or hauling a lot of supplies. great lift, get mono tube shocks though twin tubes are garbage.

TimmyA said:
I was thinking of going with the 4.5" RE with the CV driveshaft/SYE, and MONO-tube shocks,... should I get anything else while I'm at it?

thats perfect. big bore steering stabilizer if you want...

Rubicon Express makes good products...

Ive never had a product that I bought from them let me down...

Back