• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need an AW4 manual controller...

DirtyMJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've tried to contact BrettM. I don't know if he's still making units or not anymore... Anyone?

Anyways, one way or another I need a controller, and I don't really want to build one as I haven't got the time. I was pretty sure there was at least one other company that makes them, but I can't seem to find it.

So, anyone know?

I had been trying to contact Bret for the last couple weeks. His Mailbox was full, and he never responded to PM's. Finally another forum member helped me out. His shifter works great... I'm thinking he is on (a long) vacation! You might try ordering one... people always respond when there is money on the line.

http://awshifting.com/

In the winter i ordered one from him and it took a little over a week for him to reply to me, he was on vacation though so his excuse was valid.

It seems as though he got out of the whole xj/wheeling thing, when trying to contact him i noticed he hasnt been on naxja or pirate for a LONGGG time, but e-mail got me through to him.

Well in 6 days you could have made at least one by now. I have a file somhere that gives a detailed writeup on building a controller if you give up on waiting. PM me n I'll see if I can dig it up.

well worth while mod, runnin it for over 2 years, put the switches somewhere out of the way, the dog always hit mine, I wonder why I shudder to a stop and the engine dies

razdrvr said:
Well in 6 days you could have made at least one by now. I have a file somhere that gives a detailed writeup on building a controller if you give up on waiting. PM me n I'll see if I can dig it up.

Which is all well and good, other than I'm in a camp looking after some helicopters and don't have much to work with here, other than the spares for the machines, which are needed. And I only get a week off then I'll crew back out to another camp. All the time I have on my time off is going towards doing other things - I don't need another make work project.

Besides, I need a totally stand alone unit. I don't have a TCU, or EFI for that matter.

Me too. But I'm pretty sure another company makes the same product. I recall seeing it on jeepforum. Came from some slightly shady site that might be perfectly legit. Either way I can't find it now, so I'll just build one. Eventually. I picked up another pile to have some fun with in the mean time, so I'm not overly worried about the MJ right now.

Back