• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super88 kit alternative?

COJeepin

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Super88 kit in my rear axle and had the misfortune of breaking both rear axle shafts yesterday.

Superior have said they haven't had any returns on these but would be happy to replace them under the lifetime warranty. The only problem is they are 2 months back ordered so looking for alternatives in the meantime. Moser don't make rear shafts that would fit and can't make custom ones for me so that is not an option.

Anybody know of an alternative axle shaft with the c-clip eliminator that would fit a 8.8 out of an explorer?

Depending on length, wouldnt most 31 spline 9" shafts work?

I have 36x13.50 bias play IROKS. The torque might have been a slight cause with 4.88 gears and a 5.44:1 transfer case ratio.

I made calls to RandysRing&Pinion, AlloyUSA, Dutchman and JantzEngineering all saying they make nothing that will work now the axle was modified for the c-clip eliminator shafts. Jantz suggested MarkWilliams engineering/axles and they can make me custom hi-torque shafts if I send them a broken one so considering that option right now.

Back