• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's gonna be HOT!

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just a heads up on the weather-

Thursday: 87°/63°

Friday: 91°/61°

Saturday: 93°/63°

Sunday: 95°/61°

It's going to be toasty, folks! Be sure to bring lots of water, as the camping is mostly unimproved and there is no water available at camp. Heat stroke is not fun to deal with, and it's happened in the past at NWFest. The camping area and all of the trails are at a higher altitude as well; you will get sunburned a lot quicker than you're used to at sea level.

-----Matt-----

i guess i wont swap the a/c for the compressor then this week, might need it up there.

I was just there with BEST this last weekend, we camped at Manastash Campground (north side of the park) and ran trails all day Friday and Saturday. The conditions were decent, nice and sunny Friday (70 or so) mostly overcast and 60-65 Saturday. The trails were very sloppy. Lots of mud and standing water, still lots of snow in places throughout the woods. We were unable to complete the 330 (our adopted trail) due to long stretches of snow on the trailbed on the hillclimbs. Funny/Moon Rocks were clear of snow, but we suffered two severe failures which cut our time on the rocks drastically short. One guy had a rear wheel come loose at the lug nuts, sheared three studs and was wobbling around pretty good when I noticed and told him to stop. Also had a JK Rubi break both front axle u-joints on the big entrance face at Moon Rocks, we limped back to camp down Barber Springs Road.

So yeah, I'll have back to back weekends at Naches, one in each rig. Wheeling overkill, but I'm up for it.:D

Ba-Riedo said:
This will be my 4th weekend in a row, and each one at a different area.party1:

-Alex

And I'm SURE you've done a good post-run inspection and made sure everything is in top shape before heading out to beat on it again, right? :)

J

John, he's 18. Maybe he's 19 now, I don't know, but he's just a kid. Kids tend to just wheel their junk until something breaks, then look around for tools and someone who knows how to fix it. Alex should be bringing his own personal mechanic this weekend. I elect Matt to take on those duties for Alex.:D

fubar XJ said:
John, he's 18. Maybe he's 19 now, I don't know, but he's just a kid. Kids tend to just wheel their junk until something breaks, then look around for tools and someone who knows how to fix it. Alex should be bringing his own personal mechanic this weekend. I elect Matt to take on those duties for Alex.:D

Blind leading the blind? :D

In all fairness, Matt HAS gotten better. He's found other people to ask for help rather than just me :) hahahaha j/k. Matt's gotten good @ picking out noises and stuff BEFORE something completely self destructs.

J

Avanteone said:
And I'm SURE you've done a good post-run inspection and made sure everything is in top shape before heading out to beat on it again, right? :)

J

Actually I have, I regreased everything this week, and checked the bolts on the usual suspects.

But what I really need is for someone to weld my tracbar bracket to the body because it keeps loosening up just enough to pop and become very annoying.

-Alex

PS- I'm 19 Doug.:spin1:

mud1059 said:
Back on subject. What is the water content in 151?

is 151 a river ? my girls are askin bout bringing a swim suit ? obviously Mtn streams are freezing this time of year, but is there a place for the kiddies and big kiddies to cool off ?

mojojojo said:
is 151 a river ? my girls are askin bout bringing a swim suit ? obviously Mtn streams are freezing this time of year, but is there a place for the kiddies and big kiddies to cool off ?

There is a river. I have never been in it, but it has been VERY cold when I have felt it in the past. However, I have seen others in it before so maybe once you turn numb it is all good :D

Michael

Guys I think he is refering to Bacardi 151 rum. Very yummy if I may say myself. :D

Being that it is 75% alcohol. I would wager you wouldn't give a crap after downing a fifth

mojojojo said:

The river is within walking distance of the campground.... but VERY cold and probably moving fairly briskly with the weather the way it is.

J

XJourney said:
Guys I think he is refering to Bacardi 151 rum. Very yummy if I may say myself. :D

Being that it is 75% alcohol. I would wager you wouldn't give a crap after downing a fifth

But everyone keeps quoting Rod asking if 151 is a river. My tummy hurts :)

If it's gonna be in the 90's, the river will be useful for cooling off/washing trail dust off.

Back