• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which leaf to exchange with AAL to retain stock height?

Runnin'OnEmpty

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys. Another question regarding the Rusty's Add-A-Leaf on my 96 Sport.

The AAL is supposed to add 2" of lift, and I'd rather retain the stock height or maybe one inch of lift. I'm just trying to beef up the rear springs for load carrying capability. Should I remove one of the existing leaves when I add the AAL? If so, which one? (It's a stock 4 leaf pack.)
Thanks,
ROE

cmelo said:
Why not get the HD leaves from quadratec?
I really wish I had.
Unfortunately the AALs are sitting on the garage floor and I have to do something with them. Also I was trying to avoid the potential broken bolt in the front mount. The XJ is a daily driver and can't be down for long.....

Runnin'OnEmpty said:
Hi guys. Another question regarding the Rusty's Add-A-Leaf on my 96 Sport.

The AAL is supposed to add 2" of lift, and I'd rather retain the stock height or maybe one inch of lift. I'm just trying to beef up the rear springs for load carrying capability. Should I remove one of the existing leaves when I add the AAL? If so, which one? (It's a stock 4 leaf pack.)
Thanks,
ROE

Sell the AALs and get a helper spring. Lift springs are going to lift, while helper springs stiffen them up when they have a load on them.

Back