• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 4.88 gears are out

XJMarty

NAXJA Forum User
I am curiously wating for it to arrive, should be here in two weeks :) (I know overseas shipping sucks)
I got the chance to get one of the testing series :) full production will be in 2-3 months.
I will post pics when it will be installed, those two weeks will be hard to wait .... :D

got it from here www.justdifferentials.com
ask for Jeremy

rooneypower said:
I call bullshit...

I'm going to a 8.8 swap cause they dont make 4.88s for the 8.25.

Keil

Before you call bullshit, try calling the vendor.

The gearset is $300, and people who had shown past interest got the first run.

ECKSJAY said:
Cool, what brand are they?

Nitro gear and axle .. whoever that is. I've never heard of them before, but justdifferentials claims to have recieved and shipped 4.88 8.25 gears.

I'm going to laugh when we learn they were 9.25 gears, but I guess time will tell.

Thanks for the info, I just got an email reply from Jeremy. The first production run will be ready September 08, 200 sets. It will require grinding two teeth down or fitting a notched cross shaft but I don't see that as a big problem. I'll be ordering as soon as I can.

this seems legitimate. i was about to post that it's not 4/1 so put away the BS. but sweet. i'm sure a lot of people will be wanting these, potentially myself.

Now we just need chromoly axles for the 8.25, and an inexpensive locker.

Wouldn't it need a full-float conversion to exploit chromoly? How about C-clip eliminators as the next piece of kit (I have a Detroit and 'spare' ARB so no cheap locker needed for me! ;) )

English XJ said:
Wouldn't it need a full-float conversion to exploit chromoly? How about C-clip eliminators as the next piece of kit (I have a Detroit and 'spare' ARB so no cheap locker needed for me! ;) )

You can get CrMo axles for the dana 44, dana 60, 8.8 and 9" in semi float. I don't see why the 8.25 would be any different.

I have some Yukon (1541 alloy?) shafts in mine so probably wouldn't upgrade to Cr-Mo. In fact I'd probably not go bigger than 35s (33s now), I'm just looking forward to having a bit more gearing.

cal said:
Before you call bullshit, try calling the vendor.

The gearset is $300, and people who had shown past interest got the first run.

X2 I called Superior long ago about this very thing and even mentioned it in some posts but some people seem to be foolishly ignorant............For those that still want to raise the BS flag, do your ignorant self a favor and call Superior!!:gee:

vetteboy said:
:eek: !

I paid about that much for gears AND master install kit for my D60...

How many rigs came with 8.25s?

Of those, how many are going to run big tires?

Of those, how many are going to keep the 8.25?

Of those, how many are going to go 4.88s?

Of those, how many are suprised it's taken this long to get 4.88s made?

Back