• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front seat replacement/swap - quick questions.

hubs97xj

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, the foam in my 97's factory buckets (crappy cloth seat) is shot. After busting my butt working on this thing all week, I'm now busting my butt getting in and out of it. I've seen the writeup on GoJeep's site, and that would, as a last resort, probably work well enough.

However, the seats themselves have never been anything better than decent, and I'd like to swap in something a little more comfortable. I've seen a mention of WJ seats bolting right in to XJs (what year are the WJs? I know even less about grands than I do about mine...), and I'm curious. What seats from other Jeeps (or anything that bolts directly in with no fab work/beating/etc), what years, etc will swap easily, and match the existing interior? I've got the two tone, non power, two shades of gray interior, and would really like to find some better seats.

Some searching hasn't yielded much, although I found a few 96 and earlier swaps, but I believe I also read somewhere that different years necessitate different fitments, and I thought I'd better I'd ask the folks who've done it to get some things clarified. There's a set of ZJ seats for sale in another forum that might match colorwise, and are probably close enough that I could make the trip (cheap, too). Appreciate any info you might have, or links to other discussions/forums where they've done this.

Thanks,
hub

The basic search is useless, click on Advaced Search. Use search terms like seat swap, WJ seats, ZJ seats. The topic is well covered.

WJ (99-04) and ZJ (93-98) seats will bolt onto your XJ floor bracket/slider.

Back