• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Productive Senior Year.

rooneypower

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you know, I was taking a NEVAC Welding Class which I had for a minimum of 2 hours a day.. I made several things for my Jeep and I actually got everything done that I wanted. I added up the costs of the metal I bought and I spent just over $280!!! Just finished the front bumper a couple days ago and put my rear bumper on the day before school was out. Here are the pics of what I've done to my Jeep over my Senior year.

The front bumper done and ready to see some action!!
IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

Rear bumper with wrap around protection.
IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

My rock sliders.
IMG_5066.jpg

Keil

Not bad! I hope your proud of yourself. Looks good.

PS I don't know if you've used your sliders yet, but I get filthy getting in and out of the rig once it's muddy. (I'm fat though)

mud1059 said:
PS I don't know if you've used your sliders yet, but I get filthy getting in and out of the rig once it's muddy. (I'm fat though)

Not to worry, he is a poser and doesnt wheel.:wave: Well unless you count running into poles at fast food places wheeling. :eyes:

-Alex

IXNAYXJ said:
Those look really nice, Kiel. Well done.

-----Matt-----

P.S. It's always a pleasure to talk to your dad. ;)

:) I heard about that story Matt...

Its not that bad getting in and out, just gotta kinda hop in and out when its muddy.

The back bumper is BEEFY! Alex, I've hit 3 poles with it (on purpose) and it doesn't even have a scratch on it.

Thanks for all of the comments. I am very satisfied with what I've done but of course there are the sections of what you have done that you know you could have done better or grinded just a little more off it it, bu oh well..

P.S. Matt I'm the exception to the i before e rule... Its keil... he he:scottm:

rooneypower said:
The back bumper is BEEFY! Alex, I've hit 3 poles with it (on purpose) and it doesn't even have a scratch on it.
P.S. Matt I'm the exception to the i before e rule... Its keil... he he:scottm:

Sure those were on purpose. :D

See I have spent a lot of time trying to make people think about the I before E rule for Riedo, and now they just are gonna use it on yours.:wierd:

-Alex

rooneypower said:
Don't look at me, I didn't invent the rules your parents can't follow.

-----Matt-----

P.S. The ins. card excuse is bogus. Make a cope of your parents policy or card and carry that. EVEN if they give you a ticket (highly unlikely) for no insurance, you can just take a current proof of ins. card to court and it'll be dismissed.

Well the front bumper mounts to the stock holes plus the big hole at the end plus the steering box bolts.

As for the rear, it mounts to the stock holes plus the holes that are used for a trailer hitch plus the 4 bolts on each side that tie into the car.

As for the tow points on my bumpers, the front ones are an extention of the actual brackets.

I tried to do the same on the rear bumper. My idea ended up working out really nice..

I slotted the bracket which was a 2 X 4 X 3/16" wall and slipped a 3/8" piece of metal into it. then welded it all up. so the two tow points on the back are directly tied to brackets, not the bumper. Looked Like this..
untitled.jpg

Back