• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing upper bushing in rear spring shackle

markg

NAXJA Forum User
i have re shackles and the upper bushings are shot.i called them yesterday and they said the lower ones in the spring are re but the uppers are stock xj.where do i get these and how do i replace them?this is on a 91 xj.its been a long time since i did this lift but i thought the bushings in both ends of the shacles were re.
thanks for any info!
mark

re said someone made a mistake telling me that.the upper bushings are in fact the ones they supply with the shackles.

I used energy suspension replacement poly bushings $14.00, had to air chisel/burn the old bushings and sleeves out.New ones just pop in, no press or tools required. the two rear weld nuts are the only ones that cooperated. do yourself a favour, drill the shackle and install a gease fitting.

I used energy suspension replacement poly bushings $14.00, had to air chisel/burn the old bushings and sleeves out.New ones just pop in, no press or tools required. the two rear weld nuts are the only ones that cooperated. do yourself a favour, drill the shackle and install a gease fitting.

I know this is a year old, but do you remember where you got these bushings? I can't find just the upper shackle bushings, and I'm not paying almost $50 for a set.

must be a Jersey thing: I just pulled out my RE Longarm setup and found my upper bushings were wasted too, and they are the greasable version...only about 6000 miles on em too ( although a lot of hard wheeling )...
Rich

Back