• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Actual height of 3.5" RE leaves???

jsk2052 said:
Yeah I'd like to know the same, I just bought RE 3.5" leaves and was wondering what shackle I'd need to get to about 4.5"

Hopefully you won't need a shackle(I want true 4.5" leaves)...my buddy just bought 4.5" RE leaves and he is sitting at about 6" without a rear shackle.

I added the RE 3.5 lift to my 2" BB, and netted 5.5" of total lift when it finally settled in. At first it was at about 6.5" of lift, before it settled to where it is today...

Ivan

I have been using 1.5" blocks for two and a half years. The only time i have experianced any axle wrap is when I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing anyways. I.E. a heavy right foot. Other than that, I have no issues with my blocks. That said, it has always been my plan to get a set of springs arced to 4.5 or 5 inches new, so they would settle to about 4 or 4.5 inches.

i got about 5" with my RE3.5 leaves when they were new and i have not checked them in a while. If you are aiming for around 4, not 6, go with the 3.5 leaves and if you want to go bigger you can always get bigger shackles or tnts u bolt eliminators.

My RE 3.5 SF gave me 6" rear, 5" front wehn it was first installed. Settled out to 5" rear, 4.5" front.

Newly Lifted

85196723Fsppwy_ph.jpg

Settled Out

JeepForSale4.jpg

I was looking at this kit and currently still am. I guess the only issue for me is if it is going to be too tall. I have an 01 classic with 67,000 on it and it is sagging really bad. I need to replace springs, shocks and tires so I figured I would do a lift and go RE. I just want to run like a 30.5 x 9.7 all terrain. I want more fender gap for carrying gear, as it sags all the time.
Sorry for jacking this thread, would this be a bit high for a DD that won't be wheeled often?
Sorry again for jumping in, I just figured it's better than starting another RE 3.5'' thread.
Thanks,
Stephen

northernxj said:
I was looking at this kit and currently still am. I guess the only issue for me is if it is going to be too tall. I have an 01 classic with 67,000 on it and it is sagging really bad. I need to replace springs, shocks and tires so I figured I would do a lift and go RE. I just want to run like a 30.5 x 9.7 all terrain. I want more fender gap for carrying gear, as it sags all the time.
Sorry for jacking this thread, would this be a bit high for a DD that won't be wheeled often?
Sorry again for jumping in, I just figured it's better than starting another RE 3.5'' thread.
Thanks,
Stephen

Look into a OME 2.5" Medium Duty Lift. You will love it for your application.

northernxj said:
Thanks,
Stephen

its an '01...plan for a SYE or a t-case drop. my buddies 01 needed a sye with 3" blocks and spacers.

-Tim

Back