• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Fuel Filter Question

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
My dad has a 99 XJ SE and described to me what sounded like a fuel filter issue...I thought someone once told me 99's and up have internal fuel filters... is this true?? We are both not near the Jeep right now or I'd just look myself. Thanks-Josh

Yep, it's in the tank. Yep, it's a dumb idea.

I'm sure that you could add an external filter if you were so inclined, but I've not seen the in-tank arrangement so I don't know how you'd go about modifying the pickup to eliminate the in-tank job (if you don't, adding the external filter is essentially futile.)

My main argument with it is that it's supposed to be a "lifetime" filter on a truck that's designed to go off-road...

Good to hear from you 5-90, I also scratch my head on how the chrysler boys decided to give the go-ahead for that bunk idea! --you say lifetime filter does that mean its warrantied for lifetime???

Back