• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CEl codes

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got around to getting my CEL codes pulled, and they're P0320, ingition/distributor
engine speed input circuit malfunction
and
P1492
Auxiliary Emission controls.

Can anyone explain to me what these are? The techs said they could be any number of things but I figured you guys would know.

P0320 (M) No Crank Reference Signal at PCM No reference signal (crankshaft position sensor) detected during engine cranking.
P0320 (M) No RPM Signal to PCM (Crankshaft Position Sensor Signal to JTEC) A CKP signal has not been detected at the PCM.

Replace the Camshaft Position Sensor in the Distributor.

P1492 Ambient/Batt Temp Sensor Volts Too High External temperature sensor input above acceptable voltage.
P1492 (M) Ambient/Batt Temp Sensor Volts Too High Battery temperature sensor input voltage above an acceptable range.

This one might not be very important or may clear out by itself. There is a temp sensor in the bottom of the battery tray. Replace it if needed.

Last edited:
Back