• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Spacers

hellbilly04

NAXJA Forum User
Who is running them & what width are you running? Any issues with them? I'm going to buy some 1.5 or 2.0 not sure just yet & thought I would see what others are running before buy them. Do you see any problem in going with 2.0 spacer?

I run a set of 1 inch spacers (Not adapters) on the front D-44. No issues.

Hallo Jeeper . I run 30mm spacers of steel on the rear already for 4 years now without any problem. To clear my '31 BFG muds on standard rims and with 2.5 inch lift.:wave1:

Last edited:
I have run 1 and 1.25" on my Jeep for the last 2 years with no ill effects.

If you just doing it on all 4 wheels to get wider it will cost just as much as just getting the correct offset in black steal wheels.

Ive used 2" spacers on sections I just needed to be a little wider to run, which basically means the really narly sections of trails. Ive never had a problem.

hellbilly04 said:
Who is running them & what width are you running? Any issues with them? I'm going to buy some 1.5 or 2.0 not sure just yet & thought I would see what others are running before buy them. Do you see any problem in going with 2.0 spacer?

1.5-2" is a lot, id only run 1" max. Any wheel spacer will cause wear over time on your wheel bearings and ball joints. Its not a bad idea, but I would be wise as to how much you stick your tires out. I also have 1" spacers for sale btw.

wheel spacer will only wear your wheel bearings and ball joints as much as a wheel with the same backspacing would.... its the exact same thing!

what brand of wheel spacers are you guys using? i know that the spydertrax ones are nice, but i have seen cheaper ones.

One thing I don't like about spacers are that you have to remove them every time you want to do the brakes. It's just one more thing to take off, put back on, clean the threads from old threadlocker, add new threadlocker, and torque down. Another is that I have some no-names that the studs keep breaking off in. When I break one I have to repeat the whole aforementioned process to add a new stud to the spacer.

I use mine for my Ford 8.8 rear that has a different bolt pattern than my Dana 44 Front. Even with my spacers in the rear my front is about 2"-3" wider.

Stud problem can be avoided.

I put in the ARP 1.5" longer studs in my axle shafts. Use the short lug nut on the spacer and use regular lug nut on the tire. Double nutted basically on the exact same stud.

I have those spacers still and can't seem to sell them as now one wants to go through the hassle of installing longer studs. Probably end up at the scrap yard if aluminum comes up a bit more in price :D

emr1101 said:
1.5-2" is a lot, id only run 1" max. Any wheel spacer will cause wear over time on your wheel bearings and ball joints.

SPOBI!!
Billet adapters cause no more or less wear than than tunning a wheel with the same net offset. I've run 1.25" adapters for 10 years on 2 different XJ's, without a single issue. Buy good ones, torque them down to 90 lb/ft by hand and forget about them.

XJEEPER said:
SPOBI!!
Billet adapters cause no more or less wear than than tunning a wheel with the same net offset. I've run 1.25" adapters for 10 years on 2 different XJ's, without a single issue. Buy good ones, torque them down to 90 lb/ft by hand and forget about them.

All im saying is they do infact increase the stress on the wheel bearings, doesnt mean theyll break im just saying chill. i dont even know wat spobi is

I run a 1" spacer in the rear to help match the front width due to a manual hub kit conversion. The inner bolts are torqued to 90ft lbs and I havent had a problem yet. But like someone stated it will cost you as much to buy spacers all the way around as it will to get the correct offset wheels. Your looking at anywhere from $100 a set ( set meaning 2 spacers) to $150 depending on what company you go with.

My concern with the aluminum ones is that they're all (AFAIK) made of 6061 - which will quite possibly not handle the thermal cycling of disk brakes. Meaning eventually they'll fail. However, everything eventually fails. It's just a matter of when. I've only ever seen a couple cases of failed spacers, so I'd not be too concerned.

I have spacers on my disked rear. They're aluminum. So...

Back