• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ac leaking out defrost vents

92xjsp

NAXJA Forum User
When I have my ac on, half or more of the cold air comes out the defrost vents. That means a leak in the vacuum system, right?

I suspect the vacuum canister thing that's in the front bumper, because I busted it in pieces this winter and just taped it back together with duct tape, and I don't see or hear any leaks in the tube running from it to the manifold. I've checked a couple junkyards, and they didn't have any. Today I tried to look it up on the mopar site and two other jeep parts sites, but I get no hits on "vacuum canister". What's it called?

92xjsp said:
When I have my ac on, half or more of the cold air comes out the defrost vents. That means a leak in the vacuum system, right?

I suspect the vacuum canister thing that's in the front bumper, because I busted it in pieces this winter and just taped it back together with duct tape, and I don't see or hear any leaks in the tube running from it to the manifold. I've checked a couple junkyards, and they didn't have any. Today I tried to look it up on the mopar site and two other jeep parts sites, but I get no hits on "vacuum canister". What's it called?
you are correct. and i would assume the same thing, duct tape wont seal it strong enough to hold vacuum. i would call it a vacuum canister as well.

Vacuum reservoir.

Duct tape is a wonderful thing but won't hold vacuum.:idea:

Get a new one, relocate it from behind the bumper. I found that it fit well on the firewall and/or in that general area.

Check your lines running under the battery tray.

If anybody else cares, "vacuum reservoir" is what it's called, not vacuum canister. Shame on all their search engines for not getting me there anyway, I think I was close enough.

I have the old ball style you could have. Just pay the shipping. You cannot have my giant black pill style.(daughter called it that):looney:

Back