• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new 4.7 stroker/ WON'T START

jasonwaters

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new and sure this has been answered before.....,but I'm really tired of searching!
I just finished buildng and insralling a 4.7 stroker and I can't get it to start. It is in a 2000 xj, so it is distributorless. I followed the instructions for the cam postition sensor but no luck! ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!

Does it crank? Does it have spark? Do you have fuel pressure? Do you have compression?

well.... If you are SURE it has spark, compression, and fuel in the cylinders (are the plugs wet?), and it turns over when you try to start it and it still doesnt start, it has to be a timing issue. Dont make it more complicated than it is.

Any more info other than "it wont start"? Thats what my wife says when she has car trouble. What does that mean? does it spit back through the intake, does it backfire huge plumes of smoke out the ass end, does the not spin the motor, If you checked compression on all cylinders and they were good, what were they? I assume the valve clearances are all ok? If you somehow have tight valves, it will cause a no compression type of diagnosis.

Be more specific.

~James

Back