• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Fuel Pump Wiring

asp

NAXJA Forum User
so i did some searching and here's what i came up with:

wires coming from the tank:
black: ground
orange: fuel pump power
violet:fuel level (?) (the thread i found was for an 87, and violet was level on 87)
green: no idea

i ripped the wiring harness apart (wires came out of their holder) on the trail which caused me to stall and HAVE to fix it...i was able to get the orange and black back in the correct places, i think, because i got the fuel pump to work again and the jeep to go. however, i'd like to not only know what the 4th wire does, but which place they go in. having the wires mismatched caused it to throw a code, and i'm up for inspection this month. i'm pretty sure i can just switch the violet and green wires around and it will fix itself, but i'm curious as to what the 4th wire is for. which wire goes where in the harness? sorry for the length, hope the post was clear enough, and thanks ahead of time for the responses.

bump...

i searched a fair amount. i know there are fuel pump threads but i couldn't find anything that said what the 4th wire did.

Back