• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re 4.5 leaf packs finally installed

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got my re 4.5 inch leaf packs in, What a job!! both front weld nuts broke off in the frame, every bushing sleeve was seized to the bolts, so there was a lot of torching ,cutting ,and sawzalling!! It took me most of a day in a well equipt shop with hoists and all the tools. I ended up cutting a small triangle shaped flap in from the bottom of the front leaf pockets to get the broken weld nut out and to weld a new nut in. Very glad to have the job done, came out about two i9nches higher than expected but oh well, it will settle a bit. The one small thing I'm concered with is my tw driveshaft slip it almost maxxed at full droop, I dont want problems on the trail. I curretly have a 8.8 ford in there, any way to put a spacer between the driveshaft flange and the yoke flange?? I have seen this setup on a samurai. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back