• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lincoln mark Vii 8.8 axle

tayman

NAXJA Forum User
So I posted an ad on craigslist looking for an 8.8... I got a response today and here's what the guy said.

Hi I have a 8.8 off a lincoln mark Vii with vented rotors(better), calipers, backing plates etc. Its got limited slip internals. Let me know if this will work for you!

anybody know about these axles? is it a fullwidth? is it like the ranger 8.8 and weak?

It should be the same as the Mustang 8.8 (I think). It will be coil sprung instead of leaf for sure.

All the Lincoln & Crown Vic. 8.8's I have seen were 28 spline. JIM.

4LowandGo said:
I would stay away from it unless I was 100% sure it had 31 spline shafts and the right width.

I found this on a ford site for you:
"All car applications use 28-spline axles, all truck applications use 31-spline axle shafts EXCEPT Rangers, which use 28-spline axles, however even Exceptions have Exceptions, FX4 Rangers 99-current with 4.10 or 4.56 axle ratios are built with 31-spline axles"

ILLXJ said:
All the Lincoln & Crown Vic. 8.8's I have seen were 28 spline. JIM.
X2

....and coil springs.

you'd be right... he said that it's a 28 spline.

Back