• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inner or outer bearing

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so I have been told by multiple people that I need to replace my right rear axle bearing, went online and ordered an outer pinion bearing for an 8.25, then I find out there is an inner bearing and the outer, that I ordered, only works for 8.25 from 90-91, even though I was linked there by my trusty quadratec link..........should I get the inner instead?

TIA

Doug

96 sport, 8.25 27 spline rear

I am a bit comfused. The Pinion Bearing is inside the differential, not at the end of the axle. If you need a pinion bearing, replace both, not just one. You are already in there, so you might as well do both since they both have to come off anyway. Personally, I would just buy a master rebuild kit. They run about $85 and include everything you will need to re-do all of your bearings inside your differential. If you need the axle bearing, it should only need one bearing.

Good luck!

Back