• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix High Idle, and I have a TPS question...

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
My TPS is about a year old, set to spec on my 88 4.0 AW4. As of yesterday, I have an intermittent high idle problem, at startup, warm or cold. I took out my IAC and cleaned it, it is also a year old, and when I cleaned it, I cant carefully pull or push on the plunger...it seems stuck, but is that normal???

And I also read that when the TPS "arm" is pushed while at idle, it will stumble the engine.

When the idle is normal, I can push the arm and the idle will stumble.

BUT when the idle is high (2500) I can push the arm, and the idle will not stumble, it will continue to stay at 2500.

Also when the idle is normal at startup, after a few minutes of driving the idle will go to about 1200rpm.

Grounds by dipstick are clean and not broken, no vacuum lines disconnected, any help would be great.

The pentel (sp?), or plunger as you callled it, should not be pushed or pulled, it is threaed in and out by a rotary screw motor. If you force it by pushung or pulling you can ruin it permanently.

Back