• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question

Thats a really grey question,it depends on where your talking about!

like right behind the stock lower control arm.
im installing the RE 5.5 long arm and it says the new control arm needs to be welded. and i want to practice on something else before i do that.

or anyone else with this kit...is it really necessary for the control arm mount to be welded in?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...duct_Code=RK-LT10-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit
That's the only place I know of that gives an estimate on thickness, but take it as you will.
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Although it is possible to weld to the unibody, the longevity of the weld in questionable. The unibody is only 16 guage (.060 in.) and the heat of a weld stresses the thin metal. The weld may not crack but the unibody around it may. The unibody is welded from the factory, however, robot controlled welding is done complete with heat sensors creating welds much more exact than a human is capable of."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I thought on the re long arm kit, the upper arm mounted on the lower control arm? At least thats how my friends long arm on his tj is.

Back