• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolver Shackle

Grshppr89

NAXJA Forum User
:wave1: I have an 88 XJ both of my rear shackles are cracking in the front and back. Does any one have suggestion on good fix or type of suspension for the rear? I need about 9" of lift in the rear to get it level. I am running worn out 4.5" rear leaf springs, 33" tires, 456 gears, revolver shackles, with bush wacker cut out. The rear of the jeep is about 5" shorter then the front. Thanks in advance for any suggestions:roll:

You need 9" of lift?

Well, if thats the case, sounds like new shackles, and of course new springs, but for 9", maybe blocks too.

Search around the forum, PLENTY of info, on parts and suppliers.

Yes, where the shackle slips into the frame bracket. If there was say like a 1/4 inch plate that slipped into the orginal location almost like a shackle reversal for a YJ. If the shakle was mounted between to flanges the shackle would be able to move freely without binding. Does that sound like it would work?

Grshppr89 said:
I am running worn out 4.5" rear leaf springs, 33" tires, 456 gears, revolver shackles, with bush wacker cut out. The rear of the jeep is about 5" shorter then the front. Thanks in advance for any suggestions:roll:

9" is a ton of lift. with 33's you only need about 3.5 total. get shackles and take 5" out of the front. Your rig will handle much better.

hadfield4wd said:
9" is a ton of lift. with 33's you only need about 3.5 total. get shackles and take 5" out of the front. Your rig will handle much better.

Maybe he wants to run 39's

icon10.gif

Back