• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC recharge

Blackash132

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought one of those AC recharge kits from Autozone becaue I was told that I have no freon at all. I can't fugure out where to plug it in and it says if I don't get the right access valve that the canister could explode. What do you all suggest? Should I take it back to Autozone?
Thx

if the system has NO r134a period, i would suggest you get the system vacumed out. and find out where its leaking, replace the dryer, then refill. and make sure to get the correct amount of oil in the system. the specific type should be called out on a sticker on the a/c compresser itself. as to where to fill it, its on the LOW side, which is one of the two ports on the a/c lines. when the a/c is on its the side that gets cold. being that you're a/c wont turn on in the first place, the fitting on the can will only allow you to attach it to the low side anyway.

Banditt007 said:
if the system has NO r134a period, i would suggest you get the system vacumed out. and find out where its leaking, replace the dryer, then refill. and make sure to get the correct amount of oil in the system. the specific type should be called out on a sticker on the a/c compresser itself. as to where to fill it, its on the LOW side, which is one of the two ports on the a/c lines. when the a/c is on its the side that gets cold. being that you're a/c wont turn on in the first place, the fitting on the can will only allow you to attach it to the low side anyway.
The low side is almost always the larger of the two refrigerant lines (metal tubing).

so I'll vaccum it out how? replace the dryer?

then I'll fill it on the low side which is the bigger line.

The instructions tell me to turn the blower on full cold. blower works fine so I turn on that and fill per instructions?

There are 2 lines coming from your compressor. One leads to the condenser in front of your radiator. This is the high pressure line. The other leads back to the firewall to the evaporator (the thing inside your heater box). This is the low side. The connector of the can will only fit the low side.

I'd suggest you get your ac serviced somewhere. It real easy to screw up and break something or worse yet, hurt yourself.

Back