• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power antenna redux

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
90 XJ - power antenna failed in down position. Removed underdash trim panel to access relay. Unplugged relay and put power to green while grounding gray, no joy, so: I'm thinking the antenna motor is shot.
Also, I have a red/tan wire as an input to the relay, but no red/tan wire at the radio as shown on the schematic. Since i have no EGR fuse, thats confusing also.
Thought it might be the in-line "ignition on" 5A fuse, but the vanity lights and the lighter both work so I'm assuming that fuse is good, but I can't find it to verify.
Radio 15A fuse and antenna 10A fuses both good.
Any thoughts?

figured it out....the radio and the antenna were bad. For those of you with the same problem, almost any late model GM with power antenna uses the same motor and drive system. You will have to separate the motor from the antenna shaft so that you can use your old antenna mast...

Back