• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best/Cheapest Place to get a Radiator?

pqrSTUVWxyz

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if any of you guys had a suggestion for the cheapest place to get a replacement radiator?

I'm leaning towards the all metal 3 row one I've seen at Radiators.com and Radiatorbarn.com. They had em for $164.77 shipped.

Anyone know of them cheaper anywhere else? Or have a recomendation for a better radiator?

I have a pretty much stock 1996 Cherokee with the 4.0L.

With it being stock do you think its worth the extra $ to go to the all metal 3 row versus the stock replacement radiator?

It seems every vehicle I've ever had radiator leaks on it comes from the same spot, right where the plastic end caps meet the metal radiator. I imagine the all metal would last better long term being that the entire thing is made from the same material and will expand and contract the same with temperatures.

Last edited:
When I do replace my radiator, it'll be an all-metal 2-row. I haven't sourced it out yet. My current one has an annoying drip at the elbow where there's a big@$$ plastic fitting(wtff?) w/ allen wrench hole(but only strips out w/ correct size allen wrench when attempting to loosen or tighten). I've tried the putty and a lil bars leak--to no avail. I'm tempted to melt the plastic w/ a solder gun or cover liberally w/ epoxy that can take the high temps.

I got the 3 row GDI from Radiator.com they delivered it the same day that I ordered it within just a few hours of ordering and they gave me a nice little bag of candy to go along with it haha But I have been running that radiator for 2 years now and have had zero issues with it and it dropped right in without a problem the side reservoirs are made out of metal and are larger to hold more fluid. Wasn't expesive at all either before I called I was expecting to have to pay $300 atleast but ended up paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 I believe. IMO its the best deal out there.

I had good experience with an all-metal CSF brand rad from radiatorsradiatorbarn.com. Folks around here also recommend DPGOffroad , who is a NAXJA sponsor I believe.

I ordered my CSF 3 row from DPGoffroad.com . Good guy over there if you have any problem its nice to able to call the owner of the company direct. I hate dealing with big companys customer service so Ill pay extra and support a small shop.

Also try searching the forum. This has been discussed a bazillion times.

Got mine from radiatorbarn.com I've had it about a year, no problems. They had fast shipping and the best prices I could find.

i did an all metal 3 core CSF radiator from radiatorbarn.com a couple of weeks ago. my stock rad had a 2 3/8" crack on the brass band that bonds the cores with the plastic end tank. i love the price and so far it is working for me quite well after i got all the air bubbles out. since your doing it on a mostly stock rig in OR, im not sure you would need a 3 core. if you dont plan on lifting it, doing trail runs in the sweltering Arizona hot summers, i think you should be fine. my stock rad wanted to start to cook in stop and go traffic coming home in 105* heat. now it works much better. i may still do hood vents and/or a taurus fan install.

Back