• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody running an OTA track bar mount???

Deadman 94 xj

NAXJA Forum User
with OTK steering? I'm trying to get a little feedback about possible bumpsteer or wandering issues you guys have had, if any, with the mount up high and the TB shortened.

Thanks for any input.

Specificaly the tnt truss with track bar mount.

Heres mine, no bumpsteer, handles great.
HiSteer1.jpg

Believe it is all JKS stuff on WJ knuckles fwiw.

Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear. I already have the TB shortened and installed. I just have to get the steering up to par before I can test it out.

Thanks.

I can't say no bumpsteer, but next to none. I may be more picky than some of the others though. :)

steering.jpg

as long as your trackbar and draglink angles match, you should have no bumpsteer with any steering setup

cal said:
I can't say no bumpsteer, but next to none. I may be more picky than some of the others though. :)

Looks good. It seems that the track bar being shortened would have to have some type of effect. I'm not sure what those effects would be though lol. I used an RE HD track bar and just cut about 3.5" off of it and sleeved it on the inside. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet because there's still a few other things that have to be installed, as well as steering.

Are you running the TNT truss, looks like it? If so, have you had to replace the upper CA bushings yet? I need to and can't find out what they use. It's not stock size. TNT doesn't like to answer their phones.

Thanks.

Thats a custom one.

The TNT truss uses Rubicon Expres Superride bushings, IIRC.

djblade311 said:
as long as your trackbar and draglink angles match, you should have no bumpsteer with any steering setup

I didn't catch your post the first time. Sounds good, thanks.

I'll look into the RE bushings.

jjmat3 said:
Pretty sure it is also important to have the drag link AND track bar LENGTHS as close to the same as possible too to avoid bumpsteer.

While thats true, mine are vastly different in length and its almost unnoticable.

good thread. i learned something from it. keep it coming! :thumbup:

I have a TNT truss with OA Bracket..... the angles are a little off but honestly bump steer in basically non-existant.

jeeparizona051.jpg

Back