• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attn 91+ 2.5L GUYS

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
If anybody has time, can somebody take a peak at where their distributor coil mounts, and tell me if there are any wires that connect to the coil bracket? I'm upgrading my '88 to an "HO" and still have some stray wires I'm trying to figure out. I also can't figure out where the wire is that screws onto the alternator. If anybody wants to go as far as taking pictures, that would be extremely helpful too. I asked this over on comancheclub but didn't get an answer, maybe somebody here can help me out.

I have a 95 sittin in the yard with a 2.5 and it has no wires on the coil bracket.and the alternator wire runs out of the big wire loom behind the washer tank,it's a red 12 gauge wire.here are a couple of pics.It braches to a smaller loom and runs under the power distribution box and then singles out to the big black connector you see in the second pic by my finger, and then over to the alt.Hope this helps.

http://flickr.com/photos/26979413@N03/2571189527/
http://flickr.com/photos/26979413@N03/2572015024/

Keeping the '88 2.5L, but had the head ported, put on a 91+ manifold, wiring harness, etc. I was using the "HO" term loosely to signify post '90. I realize it doesn't really carry that designation, since none of the horsepower outputs of the 2.5L can be considered high ;). Thx for the pics & info frank, that helps me narrow it down.

xj92 said:
If anybody has time, can somebody take a peak at where their distributor coil mounts, and tell me if there are any wires that connect to the coil bracket? I'm upgrading my '88 to an "HO" and still have some stray wires I'm trying to figure out. I also can't figure out where the wire is that screws onto the alternator. If anybody wants to go as far as taking pictures, that would be extremely helpful too. I asked this over on comancheclub but didn't get an answer, maybe somebody here can help me out.

I'd have to see what wires you are refering to to help. Alt wire:

IMG_0109.jpg

Last edited:
That was actually cut off of the wiring harness I bought. I later realized it and grafted that part back in. I have that part attached to the alternator, but I don't believe that big black wire shown on yours (with the eye) is on mine. Is that what attaches to the single screw sticking out the back of the alternator? I'll have to double-check mine. I have a big black wire with an eye that isn't attached anywhere, but it comes from closer to the firewall and doesn't seem like it would go there. Click the thumbnail below for pics.

[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563778499bdFlud][/URL]

Last edited:
Back