• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck in Iraq...bumper help

Cowboydoc

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all in the free world. I am currently 7 months into a 15 month tour over here near Syria and I am planning on building a new front and rear bumper for my 86 XJ, but I have no plans or any real idea what I want to do. I was wondering if anyone had plans drawn up for any of their home fab bumpers. I really like the ARB bull bars and that style, but I am open for anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey bro. Thanks for all your doing spreading freedom all around the world, can't express my gratitude enough. I'm in the same situation and I have made one out of cardboard and hotmelted it together for a mock up. Works great. Do a search for homemade bumpers and there should be lot of hits. God Bless America!!

I can't thank you enough for being out there and keeping us safe. I would like to help with a bumper but most of my stuff doesn't turn out to well. I do know a couple of guys that made a tube bumber frame then covered it with sheet metal to resemble an ARB they turned out pretty burley. Good luck.

Back