• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Rotors Sizing

92westshady

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to replace my brake rotors on my 2000 Cherokee Classic. Tirerack.com lists a couple of different sizes. Does anyone know what size 78mm or 82mm is the correct for model XJ?

Thanks!

Ummm...yeah...I just checked NAPA, Summit and RockAuto and they all had two different sizes....

???:dunno:???

You want the shorter 3 1/16 Rotor.

Just did my wife's 2000 and the 3 3/16 is too deep. It rubbed on the dust plate.

Have fun......

Well I know I have the cast ones so I assume the 3-1/16 would equate to the shorter 78mm hat Brembo model.

Do you guys go for name brand rotors or just whatever cheap one the parts store carries?

92westshady said:
Well I know I have the cast ones so I assume the 3-1/16 would equate to the shorter 78mm hat Brembo model.

Do you guys go for name brand rotors or just whatever cheap one the parts store carries?

NAPA Carries nice Rotors, unless you get slotted or grooved they should all be about the same.

I usually go for the mid-price ones if there are different 'flavors' available. Most aftermarket parts are made in China or some other place. But the ones I got (Kragen) were made in the U.S. I could have gotten cheaper ones at AutoZone, but decided to spend a little money 'at home'.

Back