• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

started building a bumper

dan302492

NAXJA Forum User
since i cant post in advanced fab ill have to post on here, started this yesterday, tomarow i should be finished

bumper4.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

good start but you need to tie into at least 2 to 3 more holes on the the frame. those 4 holes wont last long.

question

hey im new on this site and have a couple of questions if you dont minda snswering them for me.. i have been trying to figure out how to post questions and things like you did and other people have but i cant for the life of me figure out how to do it! haha.. and how to check messages.. idk if im just stupid or what but i would really appreciate it if you would help me out because i want to get my jeep on its way to being nice but need some advice..

Re: question

alek21 said:
hey im new on this site and have a couple of questions if you dont minda snswering them for me.. i have been trying to figure out how to post questions and things like you did and other people have but i cant for the life of me figure out how to do it! haha.. and how to check messages.. idk if im just stupid or what but i would really appreciate it if you would help me out because i want to get my jeep on its way to being nice but need some advice..

at the top of a selected forum there is a little blue box that says "new thread" click on that to post something in forums. click on user cp to check for messages

dan302492 said:
how is that

The mounting plate is just butt welded to the bumper. So basically from the photos we've seen there are just 2 welds holding the whole thing on. 1 good tug and it goes flying, even if it's mounted all the way down the framerail.

Robert 771 said:
That is 0.125, isn't it?

That's strong enough to hold on your bumper stickers, anyway...

Robert

stronger than the stock sheet metal bumper, plus i have about 10 sheets of .125 steel so i thought id do something with it, im not building this for a winch otherwise id use heavier guage steel

markw said:
The mounting plate is just butt welded to the bumper. So basically from the photos we've seen there are just 2 welds holding the whole thing on. 1 good tug and it goes flying, even if it's mounted all the way down the framerail.

keyword "should be finished tomarow" that implies i havent fully welded everything yet

dan302492 said:
stronger than the stock sheet metal bumper, plus i have about 10 sheets of .125 steel so i thought id do something with it, im not building this for a winch otherwise id use heavier guage steel

Yeah, but there are tow hooks. If you get stuck good and try to pull out with those hooks, there could be carnage.

dan302492 said:
the hooks are placed there unbolted to it

Huh?

Well, if they're not going to be actually bolted to the bumper, I guess there won't be a problem...

:wierd:

Robert

dan302492 said:
the hooks are placed there unbolted to it

I'd at least use bolts to attach the hooks. :) Toss some factory brackets underneath.

dan302492 said:

And nobody tows off the stock bumper or bumpers made of .125 steel.

-Alex

Back